Jump to content

auto fill with query_strings alternative

Recommended Posts

I have a site with a membership area that requires a password.

It also runs in a kiosk where I want to bypass the password. Square space can't use query_strings as in:

https://www.mysite.com/member?password="xyz"

Is it possible to create a java script that could detect the kioskID when the page is loaded and bypass the password, or autofill the password?

Thanks for any help

Link to comment
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/31/2019 at 5:25 PM, Rector said:

I have a site with a membership area that requires a password.

It also runs in a kiosk where I want to bypass the password. Square space can't use query_strings as in:

https://www.mysite.com/member?password="xyz"

Is it possible to create a java script that could detect the kioskID when the page is loaded and bypass the password, or autofill the password?

Thanks for any help

Did you ever have any luck with this? I know it's possible as loads of people use this method to show live demos for templates... 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Webswool said:

I know it's possible as loads of people use this method to show live demos for templates... 

That is because the server supports reading the password from the URL in these cases.

The server can choose not to use that information and this could be the case for member areas as a security issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Link to comment
19 hours ago, creedon said:

That is because the server supports reading the password from the URL in these cases.

The server can choose not to use that information and this could be the case for member areas as a security issue.

Oh I see @creedon! Thanks for the clarification - I knew I could set a JSON query to autofill a site-wide password but didn't realise it didn't apply for specific pages. Doh!

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.