Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
rfrly

Hide Footer-Top on specific page, not working properly!

Question

Hey folks,

I'm trying to hide the top footer on a specific page (this one). I've put the following code into the page's header code injection but it only appears to be working when I refresh the page. Any ideas how to make it work first time? Getting the same results in chrome and firefox

<style>
#footerBlocksTop {
 display: none !important;
 }
  </style>

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

If you're using a template that uses Ajax (the newer ones do) then you shouldn't add CSS using code injection like you have above. It won't work unless the page is refreshed. You could disable Ajax (in Site Styles) but you'll lose a bunch of helpful features.

It's better to add the code to Custom CSS and refer to the page's Collection ID (#collection-5b1fae8eaa4a996d835b5da1) to limit the effect to that page. I've described how to use the ID here:

https://sf.digital/squarespace/how-to-apply-css-to-specific-pages-in-squarespace

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

@paul2009 thanks for this Paul. I tried using the Collection ID in Custom CSS but couldn't work out how to hide just #footerBlocksTop? Any idea what I might have been doing wrong?

Edit... I think I might have sorted it. Thanks for your help!

Edited by rfrly
update