Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
JennWray

Repositioning text on image poster?

I am using image posters for the website I am designing, but the text and button are too high up for my liking. I want to position the text down the image more. How do I do this?? I've attached a screenshot of what it currently looks like. Please help!

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 4.42.30 AM.png

1 hour ago, colin.irwin said:

Can you post a link to your site?

It's private...I am building it for someone else and do not have their permission to post the link / make the site live just yet. Hence why I provided the screenshot. 

Unfortunately, a screenshot doesn't allow us to see the underlying code. 

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

22 minutes ago, colin.irwin said:

Unfortunately, a screenshot doesn't allow us to see the underlying code. 

I'm using the Brine template if that helps any? I was hoping there was just a setting or something that I could just adjust the placement. Unfortunately, I could get into legal trouble for providing the link to the live website right now because I am under contract.  

This is the best I can do without having access to your site. 

It adds 35px of padding to the top of every poster image subtitle (the body text) and this will shift both the text and the button down. You can tweak the 35px value to get the desired spacing. 

However, this rule will apply to every poster image on the site. Without access to the site I can't narrow it down to particular instances of poster blocks. 

.sqs-block-image .design-layout-poster .image-subtitle-wrapper {
    padding-top: 35px;
}

Add the code to your custom css area

Edited by colin.irwin

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

34 minutes ago, colin.irwin said:

This is the best I can do without having access to your site. 

It adds 35px of padding to the top of every poster image subtitle (the body text) and this will shift both the text and the button down. You can tweak the 35px value to get the desired spacing. 

However, this rule will apply to every poster image on the site. Without access to the site I can't narrow it down to particular instances of poster blocks. 

.sqs-block-image .design-layout-poster .image-subtitle-wrapper {
    padding-top: 35px;
}

Add the code to your custom css area

Thank you so much!!!