Hiding a Social link in a Social block.

Hi guys. Hoping someone can help here. I have a site where I've added a social block. Without going into too much detail why, I need to have 2 different Facebook links but only show one or the other on certain pages. Does anyone know the CSS required to hide either first or last one? I have it as Facebook, Twitter, Facebook. Or, if anyone knows another way to do this, that would be great. I thought I could just put a different social block on the different pages but it recognises the existing Connections.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks @tuanphan Page is here...https://peebles-community.squarespace.com/pct and password is community. It's the social icons you can see under the banner. I'm just not sure what CSS to use to hide the different icons in the main the last one (which I want to hide on this page) and the first one (which will be hidden on another page), so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@noblescott Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* hide last icon */
body#collection-5d80b6e6c70a192412ac1abb nav.sqs-svg-icon--list a:last-child {
    display: none;
}

body#collection....bb is PCT Page ID

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi again @tuanphan. Sorry to ask another question but it's kind of related. In mobile view I'm trying to hide the secondary navigation elements and using the method you used above I  can't seem to target the relevant children, ie 9, 10, 11 and 12. I managed to test it out with the primary nave elements and it hides them. Do I somehow need to target that this is secondary nav in the CSS somehow? In Google Developer mode it all seems to be lumped in together, ie .Mobile-overlay-nav-item. Thanks again for your help.

@noblescott

home item is .Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary button

with other items, you can also use 

.Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary .Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href="/projects-1"]

.Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary .Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href="/community-council-members"]

.Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary .Mobile-overlay-nav-item[href="/contact-us-1"]

or

community item: .Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary .Mobile-overlay-nav-item:nth-child(2)
project: .Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary .Mobile-overlay-nav-item:nth-child(3)
contact us: .Mobile-overlay-nav--secondary .Mobile-overlay-nav-item:nth-child(4)

Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:40 PM, tuanphan said:

@noblescott Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* hide last icon */
}

body#collection....bb is PCT Page ID

does this work in any template? I would like to do the same thing but my buttons are in the footer. thanks!

Edited by LucyBrookes
  • 5 weeks later...

@LucyBrookes I have (2) locations that I'm including separate addresses to in my footer. I'd like to include social blocks under each addresses that would link to each locations unique facebook page url. BOTH are included side-by-side in the footer, but I want to add CSS if possible to redirect one link to a different facebook page. Any assistance appreciated!!

https://thefatdonkey2020.squarespace.com

7 hours ago, colehensley said:

@LucyBrookes I have (2) locations that I'm including separate addresses to in my footer. I'd like to include social blocks under each addresses that would link to each locations unique facebook page url. BOTH are included side-by-side in the footer, but I want to add CSS if possible to redirect one link to a different facebook page. Any assistance appreciated!!

https://thefatdonkey2020.squarespace.com

Difficult to help without site url

Also CSS can't change Link, maybe you need jQuery/JavScript

Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Angelo22 said:

@tuanphan

Hello,

how could I modify this code

}

to do the opposite thing? Like displaying ONLY the last or nth-icon?

Thank you

Show Only last item

body#collection-5d80b6e6c70a192412ac1abb nav.sqs-svg-icon--list a:not(:last-child) {
}

Show only nth-icon

/* Hide all icons */
body#collection-5d80b6e6c70a192412ac1abb nav.sqs-svg-icon--list a {
}
/* Remove - hide nth icon */
body#collection-5d80b6e6c70a192412ac1abb nav.sqs-svg-icon--list a:nth-child(5) {
    display: block;
}

Or send to forum message

@tuanphan Thank you for your answer it worked like charm.

Let me be more specific. I am building a music label website and the subpages are the artists so I want to display different social blocks on each page. I have connected them all in Social Links and with your code I decide what to display each time. Can I have multiple chlids inside the brackets? I have many social accounts and I want to avoid using so much code.

Or is there any more clever way to do it?

Thank you 

18 hours ago, Angelo22 said:

@tuanphan Thank you for your answer it worked like charm.

Let me be more specific. I am building a music label website and the subpages are the artists so I want to display different social blocks on each page. I have connected them all in Social Links and with your code I decide what to display each time. Can I have multiple chlids inside the brackets? I have many social accounts and I want to avoid using so much code.

Or is there any more clever way to do it?

Thank you 

You can create Social Blocks code with Code Block.

Then in each page, inset above code > and replace social icons url. ✌️

I Solved a smiliar post, searching again..

Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 10 months later...

Hi @tuanphan

I´ve made a WhatsApp button into social links and would like to add it to almost every page. Anyhow, I don't want the social icons on the footer to change. So how can I hide the other social links except for the WhatsApp one that I created? my page url is https://www.urhopesu.fi

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 6:01 PM, denssimies said:

Hi @tuanphan

I´ve made a WhatsApp button into social links and would like to add it to almost every page. Anyhow, I don't want the social icons on the footer to change. So how can I hide the other social links except for the WhatsApp one that I created? my page url is https://www.urhopesu.fi

Hi. I don't see Whatsapp in Footer.

Or send to forum message