Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
SammTalk

Bedford page margins - too much white space - how do I adjust the padding??

Hi everyone,

I recently moved my site to Bedford because I liked some of the features, but it's created a couple of new headaches. 

Does anyone know how to remove the huge about of white space / padding in the margins of pages? I cannot find anything in the site styles and it does not appear when I am editing... it is hidden when I edit but then when I save the page and go see the page via our URL, everything on the page seems really small because there is such a big white margin.

All suggestions appreciated!

In Bedford the #page part of the layout (under the full width banner) has a maximum width setting as well as padding. 
These can be controlled by adding the following to your custom css, after any other code that may be there. 

#page {
    max-width: 1020px !important; // 1020px is the default size
    padding: 96px 32px !important;  // First number is top & bottom, second is left & right  Defaults are 96px and 32px
}

Once inserted you can tweak the max-width and padding values. I've inserted comments so that you can see what the default values are. 

Edited by colin.irwin

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

I got it!! But if there is a better way let me know.

#collection-5db850a64754fa5a64ad4b96 #page  {
    max-width: 25020px !important; 
    padding: 96px 32px !important;  
}