• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
brionycullin

Squarespace 7.1 - Linking navigation folder to first item in the folder

Question

Howdy

I used to be able to do this on other Squarespace templates so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong in 7.1. 

I've got a folder with two pages in it, and I want the folder itself to be a link to the first page in the folder. I've tried adding <a href="website/about">About</a> into the navigation title but that's not working. Any tips? 

7 answers to this question

Hi,

For this you need to access the template files and navigate to the navigation.block  file under Blocks  folder and paste this code where it shows in the attached image.

href="{collection.fullUrl}"

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.28.18 AM.png

On 10/27/2019 at 6:35 AM, brionycullin said:

Howdy

I used to be able to do this on other Squarespace templates so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong in 7.1. 

I've got a folder with two pages in it, and I want the folder itself to be a link to the first page in the folder. I've tried adding <a href="website/about">About</a> into the navigation title but that's not working. Any tips? 

how do I do the opposite of this?  Somehow my secondary navigation folder which I was using only as a dropdown, now links to the first page in the folder when clicked.  I want it to only dropdown, not be clickable and take you to a page...

Hey @brionycullin

you will have to turn the developers mode on to access the template files.

Settings > Advanced > Developer Mode

You can then access the template files by using SFTP Hostname.

Let me know if you have any confusions I will do it.