Business Customer Accounts?

Has anybody found a way to include businesses in the account signups? Currently, people sign up with First Name, Last Name, Email. I have many consumer customers, but I also have many business customers that license my photography. I also am creating B2B classes and want to sell subscriptions. Seems like businesses are excluded via the system's lingo. Workarounds?

• Replies 1
  • Views 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a work around but it would be nice to have Business Name as an optional field that we can enable; like what we can do with phone numbers on the checkout page.

My use case is more centred around the checkout experience but It's not just businesses that the lack of business name field excludes, it also excludes normal customers who want their orders delivered to work. I see either one of two things happen with the system how it currently is when people need to enter a business name.

1. They don't and the address is incomplete 
  2. They force it in which messes with the formatting and Stripes fraud check

I basically want more flexibility in the Account. I don't think that information needs to be passed to Stripe, right?

Want:

• a checkbox for "I represent a business"
    • if this is checked, these people are addressed as a business. I can send newsletters to them and exclude consumers and vice versa.
    • they are tagged as business in db so that APIs can see who are businesses and who are consumers so that external member directories can be easily automated (don't want consumers in a business directory)
    • automatic discounts applied to these different tiers. Businesses = 20% off, Consumers = 5% off. Stuff like that.
  • more input fields such as website, possibly a way to add secondary accounts (tier 2)
  • a "join newsletter" checkbox (why isn't that already a thing?)
  • more later?

Screenshot 2019-10-25 15.56.27.jpg

Archived