Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
JulienPampa

Can i use the Express Check out on one single product/store ?

Can i use the Express Check out on one single product/store ?

Due to my delivery locations I will wish to set up the express check out only for 1 categorized destination in a single shop

Do you mean you want to use a mix of Express checkout for one product but regular checkout for others?

If so, it is not a standard function. It's possible that it could be custom coded but it would require investigation to see if it is feasible.  

Edited by colin.irwin

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

I don't know. It isn't something I have attempted in the past. 

I had a look at the on-page settings for a client's store and I can't see any obvious setting to say whether the express or normal checkout should be used. 

There could be a fudge/workaround where the user adds the item in question to the cart and we automatically direct them to the basket page where a script checks for the special item and, if it is there, sends the user to checkout. This would be possible but might look a little odd. 

A problematic edge case is this - What happens if the user has other items in their cart when they try to add the unique product?

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

Perhaps. But what stops a user adding other items to the basket?