Can't add blocks to any template I pick??

Ive tried Jasper, Ishimoto, Brine, Hensen.... no matter what template I choose, I can't seem to add a content block.  There is NO option to add one. I can add images and video, edit headers, footers.. but I can't add a content block?

What am I doing wrong?

Yes, text... but i can't add a content block in general.  There is no option for me to add a content block to the those templates.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.07.31 PM.jpg

Edited by BHagen

Click the page Edit button. 

Hover your mouse over the page until a sideways teardrop appears. Click it and a block menu should appear. 

I'm trying to do the same thing. Adding blocks/text above the collection. When I drag a text box from the bottom to the top it doesn't allow me to do so. trying to add a block between the gallery content and my logo and menu. It's driven me a bit crazy since it's the last portion of work needing to be done. haha 

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 6.20.55 PM.png

Edited by onlyoneam
14 hours ago, BHagen said:

Thats what Im saying. The teardrop never appears. If i click EDIT i get this (see attachment)

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.33.16 PM.jpg

It looks like you are working on a gallery page rather than a page with a gallery block on it. 

You should create an Index page in the navigation and drag your gallery page into the index. 

Then you should create a Page and drag that into the Index, under your gallery. 

Then you should be able to edit the Page and insert blocks and arrange them as you like. 

• 1 year later...

BUMP!

This is still an issue and I can not add Blocks to my page!

How is this not resolved after a year? I can add Sections but not block to the page.

I've looked at the documentation, and obviously there is a teardrop that is supposed to appear, but it doesn't.........................

Edit:

So I just resolved the issue after removing the section I needed to edit and adding a new one.

Edited by BryceCF
Fixed
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, oneFive said:

Bump... I'm still having the same issues. I want to add a code block to embed my Honeybook Contact form but it is not coming up at all. 

Add a Section > Hover anywhere > Click blue plus icon > Select Code Block

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

This is wild Squarespace hasn't addressed this. I've been having the same trouble while trying to add blocks to section containing a Newsletter form. After creating a new section, I was finally able to add more blocks. Then I couldn't delete the original section, no matter how many sections I added. So I deleted the page and started over. It's working now, but only if I start from a blank page and add a Newsletter last.

@AustinYoung

If you can reproduce a series of actions that will result in undesirable results... I suggest writing the steps down and submit those steps to SS customer care so that they can look into the issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2019 at 2:41 AM, BHagen said:

Ive tried Jasper, Ishimoto, Brine, Hensen.... no matter what template I choose, I can't seem to add a content block.  There is NO option to add one. I can add images and video, edit headers, footers.. but I can't add a content block?

What am I doing wrong?

Hi! I had this issue, got in contact with live chat and it ended up being a browser issue! I was using Chrome, they suggested to use Edge or Firefox, once I tried Edge I had all the options that you're supposed to! Hope this helps