Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
BHagen

Can't add blocks to any template I pick??

Ive tried Jasper, Ishimoto, Brine, Hensen.... no matter what template I choose, I can't seem to add a content block.  There is NO option to add one. I can add images and video, edit headers, footers.. but I can't add a content block?

What am I doing wrong?

Yes, text... but i can't add a content block in general.  There is no option for me to add a content block to the those templates.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.07.31 PM.jpg

Edited by BHagen

Click the page Edit button. 

Hover your mouse over the page until a sideways teardrop appears. Click it and a block menu should appear. 

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

I'm trying to do the same thing. Adding blocks/text above the collection. When I drag a text box from the bottom to the top it doesn't allow me to do so. trying to add a block between the gallery content and my logo and menu. It's driven me a bit crazy since it's the last portion of work needing to be done. haha 

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 6.20.55 PM.png

Edited by onlyoneam

14 hours ago, BHagen said:

Thats what Im saying. The teardrop never appears. If i click EDIT i get this (see attachment)

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.33.16 PM.jpg

It looks like you are working on a gallery page rather than a page with a gallery block on it. 

You should create an Index page in the navigation and drag your gallery page into the index. 

Then you should create a Page and drag that into the Index, under your gallery. 

Then you should be able to edit the Page and insert blocks and arrange them as you like. 

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here