Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Question

Hey all - 

I have a client who wants to add a plugin to their site that will allow the ability to plug in a zip code and have the user alerted as to whether or not they currently service that area. 

I thought zipfinder was the answer, but that's just for specific locations (not a map delivery zone type plugin). 

Has anyone had experience with this? Any good solutions out there?

Thanks in advance,

x

3 answers to this question

Hi @EmilieJax. This could be relatively simple if you happen to be maintaining a list of zip codes corresponding to the zips you do service. If that were the case, it'd be a basic comparison against an array. Does the UI need to be map/radius based? Is there any other functionality needed besides asking the user to enter their ZIP and then returning a corresponding message?

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)

12 minutes ago, brandon said:

Hi @EmilieJax. This could be relatively simple if you happen to be maintaining a list of zip codes corresponding to the zips you do service. If that were the case, it'd be a basic comparison against an array. Does the UI need to be map/radius based? Is there any other functionality needed besides asking the user to enter their ZIP and then returning a corresponding message?

Hey @brandon! That's correct, it's just a list of zip codes corresponding to the zips we do service and then providing a corresponding message. It doesn't have to be map/radius based since we have the zips, but hoping to have something sleek or user friendly for UI. 

Ok. That being the case, the function of the UI is relatively simple to do. I think there's more work to be done in the design than the actual development, in this case. I'd suggest you do a mockup of what you want it to look like, and have an idea of how it would function. Including:

• The intro sentence/paragraph if there is one.
  • The input field (for example is this 5 digit zip or zip + 4, etc.)
  • The submit button (if there is one, or maybe you want to automatically check once the input reaches 5 characters?)
  • The messages (and corresponding calls-to-action), both for "Yes...' and "No..."
  • The message that appears if the input is invalid (hopefully could be avoided by limited the field to numbers, but best to have it in the code just in case)

As I said, from there I think the actual coding of it would take coder/developer less than 30 minutes to do.

For example

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)