Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Gallery Caption workarounds for 7.1? ROUND TWO

dan3

I just discovered the links do not work, so please ignore those.

Ok, so I was able to fix one of the issues with a code you had already provided me, which I had forgotten to add.  

So the remaining issue is that a large white space appears between the photos and the caption when viewing it in a lightbox through Mobile mode.

website password:     photos123

On 8/30/2021 at 11:57 AM, Wanderlust123 said:

I just discovered the links do not work, so please ignore those.

Ok, so I was able to fix one of the issues with a code you had already provided me, which I had forgotten to add.  

So the remaining issue is that a large white space appears between the photos and the caption when viewing it in a lightbox through Mobile mode.

website password:     photos123

What is site url?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

On 9/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, Wanderlust123 said:

Try adding to Design > custom CSS

/* Lightbox caption position */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
div.light-caption {
    position: absolute !important;
    bottom: 100px !important;
}
}

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

On 9/7/2021 at 3:38 AM, Wanderlust123 said:

It worked great for all the horizontal photos but for the photos that are Vertical the caption appears on the photo itself.

It looks like there is no way to solve this :-/

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, brandon said:

Hi @jonaverill. If it's a gallery section that you've added logo images too, then it's a matter of passing the appropriately-exclusionary CSS selector to the function so that certain sections aren't selected. Another option is to set a space as the description for the image. See the second two bullet points under "JavaScript" in my post.

If it's a "logo wall" section you're talking about, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. So if that's the case, could you provide a link to the page in question?

If it's a different sort of section you've added (that is, not a gallery section of some kind), what section was it?

image.png.801cd4f9a3a7fe730b35c332e36fc6cf.png

Hello Brandon, I tried the code you posted above, but I get double titles on the light box, and I would like to remove them from the main page. Currently I am leaving the titles on on the main page, because I want those to be Hoover text, but I have no idea how to do that. While I managed to put the text on transparent (no background), I have no idea why they are double.
Could you help me out please? Thank you so much!

22 hours ago, kiyary said:

Hello Brandon, I tried the code you posted above, but I get double titles on the light box, and I would like to remove them from the main page. Currently I am leaving the titles on on the main page, because I want those to be Hoover text, but I have no idea how to do that. While I managed to put the text on transparent (no background), I have no idea why they are double.
Could you help me out please? Thank you so much!

It looks like you figured it out?