Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
MidriseMedia

User Login/Profile Accounts

Hey Everyone,

Does Squarespace have an integration to set up a login feaure on the website? For a project I am working on, we need customers to be able to login and view their content, save content, and search for things on the site.

Is this possible? 

Not built in, you will need some third party software. An example of such is MemberSpace (linked below) but use it with caution and make sure that everything behind the login wall is secure. In addition, the content that your users will be saving is another issue in itself.

https://www.memberspace.com

But personally I would ask yourself if Squarespace is really the best fit or if there is another platform that will do what you need out of the box.

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

Squarespace does have a login feature but it is only able to be used for commerce, enabling repeat customers to checkout more quickly or view their previous orders. You cannot [yet] use it to secure content.

There are a number of different solutions that you could integrate, but the right solution will depend on why you want to use this feature. For example, you could use a membership service like @ThompsonWebDesign has suggested if you need to share content with members (that hasn't been saved on Squarespace). If you want to share information with clients, like their latest proofs or designs, you might want to use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution - there are many of these, depending on your needs.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

46 minutes ago, Christopher_A_Costa said:

How do you go about removing 2-factor?

To disable two-factor authentication:

1. Click this link to open Account & Security settings in your Account Dashboard.
  2. Click Two Factor Authentication.
  3. Beside the authentication methods you've enabled, click Remove
  4. Enter your password. 
  5. Click Disable

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital