here's some feedback for YOUR site

This is directed at Squarespace, hopefully this is an acceptable section to place this complaint. 

I just wanted to say it is incredibly frustrating that, for the last week or so (maybe longer or shorter, I'm not sure) any time I google for a squarespace-related question and click on a search result, every single one of those links is now dead and I can't view the content unless I go into Google's cache. And none of the old topics were migrated to this forum as I discovered by searching for some of those old forum post titles. So if I really want help I have to ask the same questions all over again, which is a huge waste of time for everyone.

Can you please bring back the archived support forum posts and/or figure out a better way to fix this?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s a chance that some of the topics that can’t be found on this site were actually imported but the on-site search is very poor so they are unfindable.

Once Google has a good chew on this new forum they should start appearing in search. However, all of the link history which would give weight to frequently accessed Answers is now lost, so there is no guarantee that the new posts on here will have the same prominence.

However, it’s true that Squarespace decided not to migrate everything from Answers to this forum. Although I can understand the reasoning for not importing Answers that are no longer relevant I do wonder whether any human eyes were passed over the posts when deciding if they should live or die. 

Archived