Keep Spacer Blocks on Mobile

Squarespace automatically removes spacers placed next to any other blocks on mobile, but I want to keep them on one particular page. I'm using the Clay template. Does someone have some code I can use in Custom CSS? I'm familiar with the "@media screen and (min-width: 640px)" bit and locating the id ("yui_" etc.), I just need the rest of it. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @knockout

<your-id-here> .sqs-layout .sqs-block-spacer {
    display: block !important;
}

In the above code, you can insert a page ID, a section identifier, or a block ID. Use your browser's dev-tools/web-inspector to locate these IDs:

• The collection ID is usually the id attribute of the <body> element. This will target a specific page.
  • A section ID may be used on stacked index pages. You can find it by looking at the id attribute of <section> elements. It also correlates to the URL slug for a given page/section in the index. This would target spacer blocks in a specific section.
  • A block ID can be used to target a specific spacer block. You can find it as the id attribute of a div, usually starting with "block-yui_"

More about ids in Squarespace.

-Brandon

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)

Archived