How do I delete imported images?

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

Today's date is the 18th of April 2022 and I cant believe that this issue has not been resolved in almost 2 years!!!!! Absolutely atrocious customer service and respect for the user. I'm an newb to this and only found out after I uploaded png. images were the reason for my slow site, not to mention the incredibly slow load when attempting to edit the page. Now having to go back to re upload new images and delete the old, one by one, has my blood boiling.

Get your act together SS. I'll see out this, but will definitely be looking for alternatives.

• 4 weeks later...

The lack of this feature is a nightmare, I spent over 6h deleting images one by one because I duplicated a site as a template for a new client, but couldn't deliver it with tons of images from the previous client in the library 🙄

17 hours ago, Merrilee said:

Hi

Given that this discussion took place over 2 years ago, has this capability been added? Like an earlier post, we have revamped our site and the old images are just clutter.

You can delete photos in your library but it is a one by one deletion.  It's a start and hopefully one day we'll have the option to batch delete.

I have a thought on why it may be slow in coming.

You know what is going to happen. Someone will do a batch delete. Realize they've made a huge mistake and destroyed their site. Then they will complain and want their images back! And they''ll complain to SS about it and ask to have their images restored.

Can you see why SS might be hesitant to go in for that kind of increased support headache?

Now if they could implement some kind of trash can metaphor for the image library like they have for pages, then that might be workable. But I can imagine that might be a bit tricky from a programming angle implementation wise. I imagine their infrastructure wasn't design with this in mind.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

How to delete images (currently we can only do one at a time):
Add content block -> image -> add image -> select from library
Click image you want to delete (in either gallery view or list view). On the bottom left a "delete" option appears. Delete the image. 

Yes it sucks we can't batch delete, but at least we can do one at a time. 

Screenshot 2022-05-16 12.03.27.png

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, augustabelle said:

Hi there. You can delete images from your image library! Navigate to your image library (click 'search images' when adding a new photo to a gallery or image block), and when you hover over an image, a white box appears in the upper corner. If you check this box, 'delete' will pop up at the bottom of the panel. If the image is not being used anywhere on your site a message will pop up telling you so, and you can delete it.

You need to delete images individually. Batch process deletion would be excellent, but for now, this is the you can clean up your gallery one by one. My clients often find it easier to view their library images in list order instead of icons (you can toggle view options in the upper right), then go down the list one by one and delete. 

Thank you so much for posting this! I read through this whole thread and was about to give up when I found your post. I've been happily deleting old images all afternoon!  Also, I found I could delete a whole bunch of them at once by checking the boxes next to each photo and then hitting "delete" at the bottom. This will make my galleries much easier to configure. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi all! 

I wanted to share a quick update that you can now select/delete/upload multiple images at the same time from your site's library. I understand the inability to do this was a pain-point so I hope this improvement helps out. 

Here's some more information about removing images from your site's library: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542377-Managing-and-reusing-images#toc-delete-images-from-my-library