Markdown on Impact Template

Hi there,

I'm currently using the 'Impact' template for my site but i'm struggling to add a markdown . I've been able to add markdowns to other squarespace websites so i'm not sure if perhaps it's a template limitation, or it requires a different set of rules etc.? I want to add definitions, and once you select the markdown, the full description is visible, but I can't get it to work. It just shows the copy in one block under a header, with nothing to suggest that there is a collapsible block of text. 

Cheers!

• Replies 1
  • Views 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you’re referring to implementing open/close FAQs via a markdown block, JavaScript and css then there are a few things to consider. 

If the problem is that the open/close works on your first visit to a page and on hard refresh but not when you navigate from other pages on your site the quick fix is to disable Ajax loading in Site Styles. 

If (as it sounds) the functionality isn’t working at all, there could be a number of reasons. 

• Mistyped markdown copy - check that all ‘headline’ elements are consistent ( ## if h2 is in JavaScript, ### if using h3)
  • JavaScript and CSS code should ideally be in sitewide injection points and Custom CSS area. If using in a page, and your open/close is in an Index page, the JavaScript/css code needs to go in the Index ‘wrapper’ rather than the subpage where the markdown lives. 

If none of the above helps please post your code here (markdown, JavaScript and css) and also provide a link to your site. 

NB. I wrote the open/close code back in the mists of time. I can provide (paid) troubleshooting if you want but the above tips, plus a look at your code and site, if you link it on here, will probably get the problem resolved for free.

Archived