Stopping hyphenation/text wrap in image poster

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @inlaydigital.

You can prevent the wrapping of text (as Tuan Phan provided). For your consideration, if you were to prevent text wrapping, what would you do at widths where the blocks appear like this (just before mobile kicks in)? Like this:

image.png.403845f74caca1352e55900ea0481e83.png

In general if determined to use the blocks as you have them, I would first make sure that all blocks are within the same row. You see, your grid structure is currently quite complicated, due to the way you've dragged-and-dropped the blocks around in the layout. This is an easy thing to have happen in Squarespace, but it makes writing overriding CSS quite difficult. If you're familiar with your browser dev tools/inspector, you can inspect that section and see what I mean.

image.thumb.png.62a11d9cff3b31b7c25df5b1f031e1fc.png

If you can clean up your grid structure, then you may be able to use CSS to keep the blocks of a minimum width and have the blocks themselves wrap (from one row of 5, to two rows [3, 2] to each in its own row). This would take some time.

Alternatively, with layouts like this in Squarespace, I often prefer to simply write the layout myself (for example, in a code block). That way I'm not fighting Squarespace's own CSS/layout, the layout is simplified, I have more control, and failure in the future (due to changes on Squarespace's end) are less likely.

Overall, this is one of those instances where preventing the wrapping of text reveals that there are actually a larger number of concerns in play, and a different approach may be better.

Understanding that this doesn't solve your immediate problem, I hope it does help.

-Brandon

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)

Archived