HOW TO CHANGE THE OVERLAY OF A SINGLE BANNER IN HAYDYN TEMPLATE

• Replies 5
  • Views 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Natasha

That's pretty easy to achieve once you understand how Squarespace works. There are a number of guides that collectively explain how to do this. First you need to identify the Collection ID of the page you want to change, then you need to identify the specific class(es) that apply to the overlay on the Bedford/Bryant template. You can then add some CSS to the Custom CSS area that targets a combination of the Collection ID and the class(es).

If you'd like a specific answer for your site/page then we'll need a working link to the page on the website. It's the same with all coding questions as @e2astudio explains. If your site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is, otherwise we won't be able to view the page.

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

Hi Paul, 

I have a very similar issue, I only need/want a color overlay on the homepage banner. I inspected the page and was able to grab the following CSS but can't seem to target just the homepage banner. I'm using the Bryant Template, site is live http://www.uhdcolumbus.com/

Thank you in advance to any help you can provide 🙂

Ashlee

#promotedGalleryWrapper .color-overlay, .promoted-gallery-wrapper .color-overlay, .banner-thumbnail-wrapper .color-overlay, .sqs-featured-posts-gallery .color-overlay {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: 0;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
background-color: rgba(189,0,0,.67);
z-index: 99;
}

@ashlee if the CSS works on the site, you can limit it to the homepage by prefixing it with:

.homepage

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you @paul2009. I was able to make the change to only effect the homepage banner with the following CSS but the overlay is only covering half the banner. Do you have any thoughts on how to fix this?

#collection-5e1f2c60f33d00219d905499 .body-overlay {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: 0;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: 99;
}

.homepage .banner-thumbnail-wrapper .color-overlay {
}

Archived