Free gift & inventory

• 3 weeks later...

I asked for help from Support, and Squarespace cannot do this yet. It's a basic marketing technique that is not accommodated. I'm interested in knowing how regularly Squarespace adds functionality to its platform. Although it's a hassle and don't really want to, I'm contemplating switching to LeadPages (or possibly Shopify, but it's quite expensive for a solopreneur) to be able to do a little more sophisticated marketing.

re " I'm interested in knowing how regularly Squarespace adds functionality to its platform."

I believe that SquareSpace support directs all responders to say "this a great idea and I have passed it on to our Development Team for inclusion in future release".  I have yet to see ANY incremental changes in the platform.  There are really obvious things missing in the Commerce (filtering products on a Product page;  Product appearing on more than one Product Page;  the 'add a gift for purchases over xxx';  Inability to customize Gift Card notices; etc.).

We are also almost at the end of our tether - we spend all our time trying to think of workarounds for things that the platform should support (we are not asking for anything revolutionary).   It is a hassle to change but we feel that without Squarespace showing any desire to improve the Commerce options, we will run into one brick wall after another until we find we have to move anyway.  Better to take the pain now.

justgoodjuju... I want all the things you mentioned too.  I am very new to Squarespace but have put a lot of time and effort in already to build what I have.  I have just spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to change the font color of one sentence in a product description.  I don't want it in the additional information below the image by adding a code block.  My prior website company I used allowed a person to just highlight some text and click on a new color.  Simple, easy, and there is no reason Squarepace does not have this option in text formatting all over the site.  Hell, there is no underline option... only bold and itallic!  It is disheartening to read everything you said in your post.  I hope that Squarespace starts making changes.

Edited by xstitchboutique
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, renatabea said:

Hi, I am also hoping to set up a "free gift" with purchase and am wondering if anyone came up with a workaround. Thanks!

It's sort of a pain in the a**, but I've created an automatic discount of 1 cent for orders above 100€ (just to say) and I named it something like: "🎁 You'll get a FREE PRODUCT with this order".

It sucks because I have to manage my inventory manually but at least it works. Anyway it's a shame, Squarespace Support keeps "reporting feature requests" to Developers but I haven't seen anything (serious) new in eCommerce feature... I've been using Squarespace since 2016. Like Cash on Delivery... unbelievable

• 1 year later...