Creating a customizable list function for users of website (e.g. option for user to add an item to the displayed list)

Hi,

I am building a site that users will access and create dynamic lists comprising of links to external URL. I have a form where they will enter the URL as well as a separate comments box that will then populate the list. Is there a way that I can create a function that allows the user to add more items to their dynamic list?

SCREENSHOT ATTACHED for context. The dynamic list will be laid out as per this screenshot and I would like the user to be able to add a third, fourth, fifth etc item to the list, using a button that links them to the form where they insert URL and comments text box, in addition to those two items already listed there.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Add list items function.PNG

• Replies 2
  • Views 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not sure I understand. Visitors to your website will not have been authenticated and so cannot post content to SquareSpace. You’ll need to embed an alternative database into your page(s) or use a different CMS. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you paul2009. Yes, I have subsequently realised interaction from visitors is not easy to do on Squarespace so we are exploring alternatives that do not require coding ability at present.

Thank you for the help.

Archived