Will Version 7.1 Support Import/Export Soon?

Hi there,

I've been tinkering with a trial Squarespace account and it looks great! Really easy to use, great features, etc. but I notice that I can't import my existing blog? This seems REALLY basic and would be needed for a lot of interested customers. Will that be supported anytime soon? I'd make the switch if that was easy to implement.

Thanks,

Sara

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squarespace Customer Care should be your first stop for questions about missing features. You can reach out to them here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to get help from SquareSpace support on this question and they have so far not been able to help. They said they would make a recommendation to the development team.  I'm finding this very frustrating. I just bought a second domain and squarespace website to separate my businesses, and figured I could just import my blog with ease since they ae both on SquareSpace. No such luck. I also just exported the blog to a wordpress site so that I could try to import it from outside. That didn't work either. I'm still waiting for support to help me figure out how to do this. What a mess! I wonder why they stopped allowing import/export for blogs within Squarespace. If anyone has any solution for this, pease let me know. 

• 9 months later...

Fixed this!

When you export from Squarespace and then try to import back into Squarespace, you have to add the following to each <item> in your XML

<guid isPermaLink="false">https://YOURSITE.squarespace.com/YOUR-ARTICLE-URL</guid>

Then it will import - then go into PAGES and then REFRESH your browser - you'll see the content greyed out under NOT LINKED.

Archived