Decreasing Section Padding Squarespace 7.1

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

2 hours ago, Igrina2606 said:

Please help me to reduce padding at the bottom of the page.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

main .page-section:last-child .content-wrapper {

padding-bottom: 0 !important;

}

2 hours ago, Igrina2606 said:

Also what's the best way to have the gallery at the top and the photo below in the same width of the page?

Add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page.

<style>

@media screen and ( min-width: 768px ) {

.gallery-slideshow {

padding-right: 0;
      padding-left: 0;

}
    }

</style>

This is for a v7.1 site.

If that isn't enough space removed we can get more aggressive.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
version 3 of CSS, reduce bottom padding site wide

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

58 minutes ago, Igrina2606 said:

Also what's the best way to have the gallery at the top and the photo below in the same width of the page?

See my previous post where I updated the CSS.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

18 minutes ago, creedon said:

Add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page.

<style>

.page-section.vertical-alignment--top:not(.content-collection):not(.gallery-section):not(.section-height--custom).section-height--small>.content-wrapper {

padding-bottom: 0;

}

</style>

If that isn't enough space removed we can get more agressive.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your prompt answer. It helped on the page "about", but the other pages still have a big gat at the bottom... Would you please help me to fix the rest of the pages?

I'm trying to decrease the padding around the slideshow on the homepage so that there's not so much space between the header and gallery and you can see each image fully. site here: jordanbakva.com

Screenshot of current custom CSS I've inserted. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.10.03 PM.png

@megshaina

Try the following for top padding.

.gallery-fullscreen-slideshow[data-section-id="5f83671f53dd1070217a6425"].gallery-fullscreen-slideshow[data-width="full"] {

padding-top: 0;

}

I'm thinking that even with reducing padding there isn't enough room to show the images fully onscreen.

Can you use medium or custom height?

346031499_ScreenShot2020-10-20at3_06_08PM.png.bf49c24c4e9d481a80746a37648007cd.png

1107438553_ScreenShot2020-10-20at3_26_48PM.png.95ea221f5c7ceaee14df06baf94dd773.png

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

I have an excess of white space between my gallery reel and the text in the section below it.
editing "height  " did not achieve  any change and attempts to use some of the script shown in the answers previously have not helped.

Platform is  Zion template on 7.1

page is : https://www.victoriandrawings.com/home/prints

This occurs on two other gallery pages, but lets sort this one first!

I think that these are the segment id's for that page, but am unsure how to use them

gallery reel id;
"5f31ed47b3c9af0fb7d0b930"
page section.
"5f31ed47b3c9af0fb7d0b932"

text block:
#block-9ce5a34db96613d88a69

Could someone PLEASE help me with the exact script that I could copy and paste to fix this up?

My pages look bad as they are.

white space screenshot.jpg

Edited by victoriandrawings
added block id

@victoriandrawings

This isn't a full solution but perhaps a start.

<style>

.page-section.vertical-alignment--top:not( .content-collection ):not( .gallery-section ):not( .section-height--custom ) > .content-wrapper {

padding-top: 0;

}

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Thanks, Thomas

syntax error in line one...not able to spot it.

I have tried the following script, gleaned from previous posts...it works to a degree, but I feel the text block could be shifted...

here is what I used: any suggestions

[data-section-id="5f31ed47b3c9af0fb7d0b930"] {
    min-height: 10vh !important;}
[data-section-id="5f31ed47b3c9af0fb7d0b932"] .content-wrapper {
    padding-top: 2px !important;
    padding-bottom: 2px !important;
}

The block id is

#block-9ce5a34db96613d88a69

Edited by victoriandrawings
reword
1 hour ago, victoriandrawings said:

syntax error in line one...not able to spot it.

Sounds like you are trying to add the code to Design > Custom CSS instead of Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page.

Please see Per-page Code Injection.

11 hours ago, victoriandrawings said:

Is moving the text block up not an option?

That is where I took what little space I was able to easily remove.

Please if anyone else wants to pitch in here feel free!

I've not given up though! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

@heyevolet

It can be done with a little CSS.

Please post the URL to the page with your two images on it.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

8 hours ago, Ryan043 said:

Hi, I'm hoping to get some help removing some spacing in between header / section, and between sections on the Home and Services pages,

What happens when you edit the sections and choose the small section height.

1409964635_ScreenShot2020-11-17at7_40_28PM.png.8b861ce7e6175b5043f4439765674560.png

Does that remove enough spacing for you? If not we can provide custom code to reduce spacing even further.

Let us know how it goes.

3 hours ago, creedon said:

What happens when you edit the sections and choose the small section height.

1409964635_ScreenShot2020-11-17at7_40_28PM.png.8b861ce7e6175b5043f4439765674560.png

Does that remove enough spacing for you? If not we can provide custom code to reduce spacing even further.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your reply- I've just changed the section heights to S, it's reduced it some but there's still a larger-than-liked gap on the Home page. The Services page looks great now.

(Home:)

image.thumb.png.412398f65a0b650a2ba84a6115558cac.png

55 minutes ago, Ryan043 said:

Thanks for your reply- I've just changed the section heights to S, it's reduced it some but there's still a larger-than-liked gap on the Home page. The Services page looks great now.

(Home:)

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

[data-section-id="5f6513d1bd90701b22243616"] .content-wrapper {
    padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}
[data-section-id="5f6515b684df667bd7b63e5c"] .content-wrapper {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)