Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Fire2019

Decreasing Section Padding Squarespace 7.1

I am using Squarespace 7.1 and need to remove vertical padding from sections - i.e. where sections join other sections. I imagine I'm not the only one thinking there is too much white space as a default and I can't find a way to remove it. 

Any ideas? I'm a new squarespace user and unfamiliar with custom css but will go down that road if needed. 

Thanks!

First click on the little pencil to edit the block...

115366628_Screenshot2019-10-14at20_11_28.thumb.png.7373c8bd21152e6d63251e1588e82443.png

Then use the section height tool to adjust the section height....

1010675693_Screenshot2019-10-14at20_11_43.thumb.png.7d1a9c975a294a63f154a1ef588db507.png

I hope this helps.

Steven Scott - Creative Partner
TwoFifths Design Ltd.

59 Fifth Street
Newtongrange
Edinburgh
EH22 4PJ

T: 0131 663 6047
M: 07925 950 031
E: hello@twofifthsdesign.com

www.twofifthsdesign.com

Thank you both for taking the time to try to help me. Unfortunately I can't share the site link yet as it is password protected and I don't have permission from the organisation it is for. I tried to adjust the section height to go as small as possible but there is still too much white space for my liking. I am using for the home page text overlaid on a background image, followed by a section containing blog posts displayed as a carousel, followed by a footer. I want to reduce the white space between the carousel and the image (on top) and footer (on bottom).  I'll keep playing around with this:) Thanks again. 

There is a min-height of 33vh set on sections. You need to override that to get the sections smaller. 

For all sections this would be:

.page-section {
    min-height: 0 !important;
}

For a specific section you need to specify the data-section-id that can be found by inspecting the page code using your browser's developer tools.

Somethig like this:

.page-section[data-section-id="5d979fd8590a832f3c411579"] {
    min-height: 0 !important;
}

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here