Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
dk86

Changing customer payment charge date in subscription

Ladies and Gents,

does anyone know how to / is able to add a feature of changing the date when customer's subscription is charged?

my customers buy on our site for the first time and automatically subscribe, that's the only option. however, before we start preparing the next delivery, we check with the customer if they need it this month. they can postpone without charge. id they do, i obviously don't want to charge them. but squarespace doesn't offer that option. i have to cancel the whole subscription of that customer. so rubbish customer experience.

does anyone have a ready solution? or is able to write one? or maybe there is a different way (e.g. manage subscriptions through stripe? it's our payment processor, they have the service called billing, but i have no idea if it's possible to make it happen and how to set up squarespace and stripe in that case to do it)

thanks!

Damian

Unfortunately there is no way to natively do this in Squarespace. If you use Stripe billing then you would completely bypass the Squarespace backend. In addition it would also be harder for subscribers to manage their subscription themselves because they would not be able to login and cancel it themselves. 

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

As @ThompsonWebDesign says, this isn't a feature and cannot be coded around.

You can submit a feature request via Squarespace Customer Care.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital