Javascript Broke Editing Function

I added a <script> tag to my site using the code block. The script was automatically generated by Caspio DataPages to display portions of my database. The content displays just fine and functions as needed. The site works and navigates fine. However, I cannot edit the pages that have the Javascript on them. When I go to those pages, there is no edit button to click to enter editing mode. Pages without the code block added can be edited, but not the pages with the Javascript added via a code block.

Not sure if it is important, but I am currently in a free trial (want to make sure this will work before purchasing) and after entering the code it prompted me to enter Safe Mode.

Any help is much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Similar problem here. And closing </script> is definitely there.

The page will load normally if not logged into Squarespace and Javascript is not returning any error.
However, it it not possible to edit that page anymore...

The inspector console when logged in does return some errors:

Unknown node type (tagName: DIV, class: undefined, id: yui_3_17_2_1_1617200706007_6507)

Unhandled Promise rejection: this.preview.document is undefined ; Zone: <root> ; Task: Promise.then ; Value: TypeError: this.preview.document is undefined

I found other related questions here and here, but they do not have any solution either.

Edited by Centerliner
Add more information
On 3/31/2021 at 9:43 PM, Centerliner said:

Similar problem here. And closing </script> is definitely there.

The page will load normally if not logged into Squarespace and Javascript is not returning any error.
However, it it not possible to edit that page anymore...

The inspector console when logged in does return some errors:

I found other related questions here and here, but they do not have any solution either.

Can you share link to page where you have problem? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)