font / paragraph style limitations

Hello again from a first-time Squarespace user.

As far as I can tell, there are really only TWO font styles that are available on any given website — Headings and Paragraph. The variations of these (Paragraph Small, Paragraph Medium, etc) are really only different sizes of the Main Style for Paragraph. This seems very limiting. I understand wanting to help the user keep things from looking chaotic, but I was hoping that each Style (small, medium, large, etc) would allow for italic, bold, different line spacing (very important!!) for each style. So, I was hoping for 4 paragraph style sheets, and 4 Headings style sheets. Line spacing for a title under someones name needs to be different than line spacing for a main paragraph of body copy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated — thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 3.24.58 PM.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  Typing the text you will see the in this black text box. And the possibility to make the chosen text bold or italic. Italic is shown with this “/“ slash sign.

2.  In  the style panel you can choose three headings h1 h2 h3 and normal. This is the same with all templates. So you will have 4 different possibilities.
the font it self if serif or what ever you want - can be chosen in the style panel. than you can define whether you want capitalized or normal you can give each of them a different size. Same with line hight, and character distance.

Archived