Content width in Lange project pages

Hi,

I would like to make the content width of my projects wider than the default settings of the Lange template. 

I introduced some CSS that changed the margins of the pages as I would like them to be, but they also altered the margins of the homepage and index which was unintended:

#page { max-width: 100%; margin: 140px; padding: 0; }

Is there anyway I can target the content of the pages without targeting the content of the homepage ?

Any clue would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks much,

Marc
https://marcmencio.squarespace.com/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Hey Colin, I just tried doing this as it sounds like I'm looking to achieve the same thing, and it didn't work. Any reason why? Does the "collection-5d...etc" not apply to me? What's the general code that could be broadly applied to all of these page types in one fail swoop, or what is the code that needs to be added to each page? Thank you in advance for any info.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:14 PM, colin.irwin said:

body:not(.homepage, #collection-5d33fd2aa550120001edc34c) #page { max-width: 100%; margin: 140px; padding: 0; }

On 5/24/2020 at 6:53 AM, dzam said:

Hey Colin, I just tried doing this as it sounds like I'm looking to achieve the same thing, and it didn't work. Any reason why? Does the "collection-5d...etc" not apply to me? What's the general code that could be broadly applied to all of these page types in one fail swoop, or what is the code that needs to be added to each page? Thank you in advance for any info.

each page has different ID, #collect...

Can you share link to project page on your site?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived