Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Reposition Cart icon on mobile?

braevin

Question

I'm working within the Harris (York family) template for a client, and unfortunately can't convince them to switch to a more robust template. Right now, the shopping cart icon on mobile is only visible within the navigation menu. Does anyone know of custom code that could move it either to the left of the mobile navigation button or to the bottom of the page (similar to how it is on Brine templates).

Any input is appreciated!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

10 answers to this question

@braevin I think you need to some custom code to handle

1. You can use JavaScript to add Cart Text or Cart icon to Mobile Menu (right of header).

2. You can also insert some HTML tag (to create Cart Icon) in Code Injection (Footer), then use CSS to style/fixed the icon to bottom of site.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Hello, 

I was hoping to see an answer for this question. I have the same issue on my website. I'd like to make the cart icon visible without the customer having to click the hamburger menu button on mobile. My template is on 7.0

On 3/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, kyraunfltd said:

Hello, 

I was hoping to see an answer for this question. I have the same issue on my website. I'd like to make the cart icon visible without the customer having to click the hamburger menu button on mobile. My template is on 7.0

Can you share link to your site? WE can check easier

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

On 10/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, tuanphan said:

@braevin I think you need to some custom code to handle

1. You can use JavaScript to add Cart Text or Cart icon to Mobile Menu (right of header).

2. You can also insert some HTML tag (to create Cart Icon) in Code Injection (Footer), then use CSS to style/fixed the icon to bottom of site.

Hi @tuanphan,

I currently have my desktop forced to mobile view. However, I need to have a cart viewable in the desktop header... is this doable alongside a desktop hamburger icon?

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. 
 cbhd-dev-9ac7.squarespace.com/home
 PW: JAN21PW

Thank you 🙂

On 5/25/2021 at 2:01 AM, LXK said:

Hi @tuanphan,

I currently have my desktop forced to mobile view. However, I need to have a cart viewable in the desktop header... is this doable alongside a desktop hamburger icon?

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. 
 cbhd-dev-9ac7.squarespace.com/home
 PW: JAN21PW

Thank you 🙂

Can you enable cart icon first? Then we will check the code to make it next to burger icon on desktop

On 5/26/2021 at 9:51 AM, tuanphan said:

Can you enable cart icon first? Then we will check the code to make it next to burger icon on desktop

Hey @tuanphan,

Thanks so much for your help!

I have just enabled the cart, which you can view on mobile. However on desktop it moves the burger over to the left hand side of the header and the cart is not showing. 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, LXK said:

Hey @tuanphan,

Thanks so much for your help!

I have just enabled the cart, which you can view on mobile. However on desktop it moves the burger over to the left hand side of the header and the cart is not showing. 

Hey @tuanphan,

I managed to find a workaround.

Thank you 🙂