Show more metadata: Tags at bottom, category & date on top of post? (Brine)

Hi, all - wondering if it's possible to display tags for a blog post in addition to/separately from other metadata (e.g. category, date), and elsewhere on the page.

Context:

I'm using the Brine template. Under "Site Styles," you can set "primary" and "secondary" metadata to display on any given post — and you can only display two metadata types.

1506072897_ScreenShot2019-10-08at2_33_33PM.png.3abace2096881a0bd4add3501408a419.png

By default, those two pieces of metadata display under the blog post title, as below (here, I'm displaying Categories and Date). 

119512995_ScreenShot2019-10-08at2_32_07PM.thumb.png.6da4752c1048a0289587a738f2127e70.png

Question:

What I'm wondering is — is it possible to, in addition to the "Primary" and "Secondary" metadata you can set in Site Styles, display a third metadata type (e.g. tags), elsewhere on the page (e.g. at the bottom of the post)? 

I'd love to be able to have a display at the bottom of a post, near the previous/next links and social share buttons, that lists the post tags (e.g. Tagged under: Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3). 

Is it possible?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't a built in option to do this but it is possible to do with JavaScript. Even if they aren't styled to appear in the metadata, the tags will still appear as classes in the article element with a "tag-" prefix, so if you have a "New" tag it will have a "tag-new" class. You could create a query to find them and then display them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

There is the option of using the Tag Cloud content block and then make the text all the same size by putting this into the Custom CSS: 

.tagcloud-block .name { font-size: medium !important }

This isn't as an elegant solution @paul2009's  as you'd have to manually input it into each blog, but it has the potential to be a simple fix. 

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. Check out my portfolio at Mary Philip.

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped.

• 11 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 11:54 PM, Ten17 said:

@MaryPhilip_ Sadly this displays not just the tags for the post but for the entire blog for example. So wah wah! I got excited for a moment!

Indeed, the other option - it would be labour intensive - would to hyperlink text to the tag link. Again, not as elegant solution as @paul2009 is suggesting above.

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. Check out my portfolio at Mary Philip.

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped.

Archived