How to Remove Footer Hyperlink Underline?

I already create an about pages and also link it down to my footer, but it show underline on it, how can I fix it? I try a lot of css code that I found on google or other website still does not work for Squarespace 7.1! how to remove it? (Venture templates)

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.59.08 PM.png

Edited by Staymoo

@Staymoo Some simple custom code can solve. But you should share site url to check.

If your site is private, please setup password & share url. See how to if you don't know: https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-how-to/#How_to_Setup_Password_Share_Site_URL

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@Staymoo nice site 😂

You used border-bottom: none & text-decoration:none? Underline is background image, so border-bottom/text-decoration won't work.

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1570493637485_35714 a {
    background-image: none;
}

Or send to forum message

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, jcsport123 said:

@tuanphan  How do I do this for my footer?  https://www.elevateptr.com/.   THANK YOU!!! 

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

footer.sections * {
    text-decoration: none;
    background-image: none !important;
}

Or send to forum message

• 6 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, jonbessant said:

I have exactly the same problem during the last 24 hours.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jon

UPDATE: I heard back from Squarespace support:
"I can confirm there are no known issues on 7.1 footers on our end that would be relevant to this issue. Based on what you're experiencing and the posts in the forum, it is likely that a recent update to the platform has prevented a custom coded modification from working as it has previously."

So hopefully someone wiser than me can figure out the new code for removing underlines from the footer 🤞

Using 7.1 - Same here across all my sites - it is weird, because when I go to add/update the custom CSS code, the underlining in the footer goes away, but as soon as I save, exit the Design tab, and refresh the underlines return to the footer. Here is the code I have been using:

// Remove underline for all links on site //
a {
}
// Remove underline for links in footer //
footer.sections * {
    text-decoration: none;
}

Is this is a code issue or a Squarespace glitch? Thanks!

Edited by StoriesAroundTheSun
update from Squarespace support

@StoriesAroundTheSun

It could be an SS glitch as of several days back many people reported undesirable underline issues.

However people in the last couple of days people started reporting that the underline issue was going away. I.e. SS fixed that issue.

Now that doesn't mean that SS hasn't changed the way they handled their underline effect.

So what we would need is to see your site and specifically a URL where undesirable underline issues are happening.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@StoriesAroundTheSun

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

#footer-sections .sqs-block-html a {

text-decoration : unset;

}

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...

@creedon you are the BEST! Thank you - worked like a charm ☀️🙌 appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm not sure what the issue was with the site not loading - my client does a lot of the day to day work on the site herself. thankfully it seems to be behaving today! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and I'll do a check in on it over the next few days just in case.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, jtspidercool said:

I have tried loads of CSS for this and they do not seem to work

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

10 hours ago, Anthony_M said:

please help me delete link underline and font size issue

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

@supports ( text-decoration-thickness : 1px ) and ( text-underline-offset : 0.2em ) {

.sqs-block-html a {

text-decoration-line : unset;

}

}

@media screen and ( min-width : 1872px ) {

h2 {

font-size : 80px;

}

}

Let us know how it goes.

• 4 months later...