Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
hunterdesign1

Site Style Headline on 2 lines?

Question

10 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

In that case I would probably have 'Coming' in the headline and 'Soon' styled bold or italic in the Body section and  then style the bold/italic text to be the same as Coming and shift it up with a negative margin top. 

Either that or have Coming Soon as bold/italic (with Shift+Enter)  and style that as you want. 

Edited by colin.irwin

Please hit LIKE to share your appreciation of posts that are helpful or useful. 

The like button is somewhere over thereover-there.jpg

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

The bold gives it a tag you can use to target it. Then you use custom css to style it. 

Of course, Likes don't pay the bills.. If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer you can hire me here

17 minutes ago, colin.irwin said:

The bold gives it a tag you can use to target it. Then you use custom css to style it.

That sounds doable. Apart from my lack of css skills. Thank you very much for your help up to now.

Any chance you could post a bit off css that I can apply to the bold, then I can tweak it to suit.

Sorry to be a pain.

Because it's a cover page the custom css would need be in the cover page's  injection point. 

This means you would need to be on Business subscription or Commerce subscription. 

Code would be something like

<style>
  .sqs-slide-wrapper[data-slide-type="cover-page"] [data-slice-type="body"] p:first-of-type {
    margin-top: -39px;
}
.sqs-slide-wrapper[data-slide-type="cover-page"] [data-slice-type="body"] p strong {
    font-family: din-condensed-web;
    font-size: 120px;
    font-weight: 400;
    font-style: normal;
    text-transform: none;
    letter-spacing: .98px;
    line-height: 1em;
    color: #fff;
}

</style>

Posted (edited)

This what I got it looking like using the code above and editing the page source so that it has the structure I mentioned earlier ('SOON' as bold at top of Body text. 

image.thumb.png.d437dd5c043ff4b0cf8ec6ceba23a6bf.png

Edited by colin.irwin

4 hours ago, hunterdesign1 said:

colin.irwin – YOU ARE A LEG END !

Cheers. 

Could you like my solution and vote it up, please?