• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Guest Kasady

Spotify URLs Invalid

Question

Guest Kasady

I’ve been embedding Spotify playlist for the last nine months without issue. However, now the embed block keeps saying the playlist URLs are invalid. I’ve tried using code blocks but discovered when I resize my browser window it makes the adjacent video block overlap. Please, help! 

9 answers to this question

Can you be more specific? It will help us if you include a working link to the page on your site and the steps you’ve taken so far. 

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Posted (edited)

In the “Music” section on this page, and all those before, I use an embed block. When I made the page I didn’t have any problems using a Spotify playlist url. Now, every time I try to use one, it says it’s an “invalid” url. To get around the issue I am trying to use a code block. Unfortunately, as seen here, whenever the browser window is resized the adjacent block overlaps. Also, when I put a spacer between the blocks it doesn’t work because it adds more space than I would prefer.

I would like to continue what I have been doing (using embed) and I cannot understand why it suddenly doesn’t work correctly.

955291977_ScreenShot2019-10-04at5_35_18PM.png.bf67d3522a9ac0a801f064de026ce609.png

Edited by Kasady

Can you point me at the "Music" section where the Embed Block is? I can't see it.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Thank you for the additional information. I can see those, but they are working correctly for me.

I've also just added a Spotify Play Button using an embed code without any issue.

It doesn’t give you an error message? Is it just me?! 

I manually embedded the playlist again in “Music.2019.09” section here and it works, but it’s behaving a little differently.

When I resize my browser on the aforementioned page the block size doesn’t change vertically. On previous pages, like the “Music.2019.04” section, it resizes vertically. Also, when I reduce the browser window significantly it moves up and goes from border to border in the window. 

Is there a way to reproduce the same effect after placing the code manually? 

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.50.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.50.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.50.36 AM.png

I am having the same issue.

Is there a workaround fix? Everytime I enter the URL from Spotify into the Squarespace embed box it spits out an error message.

Like the initial poster, I've been having this work fine for the past 7 months. 

I was having this same issue utilizing Spotify's embed code in the Squarespace embed box, however when I pasted the Spotify embed code into the Squarespace code box (found under "more") everything worked perfectly.