Spotify URLs Invalid

Guest Kasady

I’ve been embedding Spotify playlist for the last nine months without issue. However, now the embed block keeps saying the playlist URLs are invalid. I’ve tried using code blocks but discovered when I resize my browser window it makes the adjacent video block overlap. Please, help! 

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you be more specific? It will help us if you include a working link to the page on your site and the steps you’ve taken so far. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

In the “Music” section on this page, and all those before, I use an embed block. When I made the page I didn’t have any problems using a Spotify playlist url. Now, every time I try to use one, it says it’s an “invalid” url. To get around the issue I am trying to use a code block. Unfortunately, as seen here, whenever the browser window is resized the adjacent block overlaps. Also, when I put a spacer between the blocks it doesn’t work because it adds more space than I would prefer.

I would like to continue what I have been doing (using embed) and I cannot understand why it suddenly doesn’t work correctly.

955291977_ScreenShot2019-10-04at5_35_18PM.png.bf67d3522a9ac0a801f064de026ce609.png

Can you point me at the "Music" section where the Embed Block is? I can't see it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for the additional information. I can see those, but they are working correctly for me.

I've also just added a Spotify Play Button using an embed code without any issue.

It doesn’t give you an error message? Is it just me?! 

I manually embedded the playlist again in “Music.2019.09” section here and it works, but it’s behaving a little differently.

When I resize my browser on the aforementioned page the block size doesn’t change vertically. On previous pages, like the “Music.2019.04” section, it resizes vertically. Also, when I reduce the browser window significantly it moves up and goes from border to border in the window. 

Is there a way to reproduce the same effect after placing the code manually? 

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.50.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.50.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.50.36 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest brownie17

Hi, I had the same problem. I noticed this happened after the spotify app updating. Moreover, my plays are gone. I had to use the services of Spotistar company https://spotistar.com to get my plays and followers back. And I'm waiting for spotify to come up with a normal program update without bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/19/2019 at 6:22 AM, MusicNeverStops said:

Hey Guys, 

I, figure out how to fix the overflowing Spotify Block. 
Use width="100%" height="380" and it'll be as gorgeous on The website as it is on cellphone view. 

Cheers 🙂

Perfect! It was annoying me that in 7.1 when using the code block it would overflow on mobile view. And when using Embed block, it would display really huge on laptop view.

This solution is perfect for viewing in both modes when using the code block

Thank you!

Archived