• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
hdossary

Adding text to a fullscreen slideshow on Ver 7.1

Question

Hi, I am using Squarespace version 7.1.

I want to create a slideshow of full bleed images with the SAME headlines / text but the image changes in the background.

At the moment I can only either add:

1. A "headline" section with full bleed image and text on top
  2. or A "gallery" section with a slideshow of full bleed images without text.

Is there a workaround for this? If not I would like to downgrade from version 7.1 and use an existing template that gives me the option to do this.

Website is middl.io and password is staging only

ThanksHannah

Edited by hdossary
Correction: Slideshow would have the same text but different images

8 answers to this question

What did Squarespace Customer Care say when you contacted them about this?

If you haven't contacted them yet, you can reach out to them here.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked 4 - 6 weeks in advance for jobs longer than 2 hours.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Hello Hannah, 

How did you manage to get a slideshow full screen with the navigation bar over the picture ? 

And how did you manage to add the text and buttons, that twas amazing. 

Im facing the exact same problem with squarespace 7.1

Many thanks 

@Bekka_fairmarry the other solution is to add the text , with the gif picture in the background. Its nice, but always the same text, but half of the solution done, 

I just finished chatting with customer service. As of today, there is no way to build a simple slideshow banner with text in 7.1.

The only solution seems to be to rebuild your site with the 7.0 Brine or Bedford templates and follow the steps below.
https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205826018-Adding-banner-images#toc-slideshow-banners

Edited by AFDesign