Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
emmatsrobinson

Reduce padding above image block, Wells template mobile

Question

I have an image block on the home page of my website, a single image. It looks fine on the desktop version but on the mobile version there is a big white space above the image. This means that visitors will see the title, menu and social media icons, then a large white space, and then only half of the image is visible, have to scroll down to see whole of image. Can I add custom css to fix this? (My other images are in image galleries and don't have this problem.)Any help is much appreciated!

sqspace-wells-homepage.jpg.bae2534d0186efca144679dccbd738f9.jpg

Edited by emmatsrobinson
Initial Revision

6 answers to this question

can you please share site url ?

Hi, I'm Mandeep . Nice to meet you! A website developer with five years experience with Squarespace Designer. I specialize in helping busy founders create modern, professionally designed Squarespace websites that represent their brand. Book a Squarespace Expert :- mandhanjal@gmail.com Squarespace website update, website content update, text added, images added, product added. Over the last 5 years, I have developed a wide range of websites using HMTL, CSS, DHTML, PHP, AJAX, JAVASCRIPT and MySQL including sites for start-up companies and small businesses.

@emmatsrobinson you can setup password & share url. See how to: https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-how-to/

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

its not possible.

Hi, I'm Mandeep . Nice to meet you! A website developer with five years experience with Squarespace Designer. I specialize in helping busy founders create modern, professionally designed Squarespace websites that represent their brand. Book a Squarespace Expert :- mandhanjal@gmail.com Squarespace website update, website content update, text added, images added, product added. Over the last 5 years, I have developed a wide range of websites using HMTL, CSS, DHTML, PHP, AJAX, JAVASCRIPT and MySQL including sites for start-up companies and small businesses.

Actually it is possible! I looked at a lot, a lot, of posts on this forum and found a solution. Not perfect but a big improvement.added this to the css. I played around with the margin-top figure until it worked for me.

1. @media screen and (max-width: 700px) {

.sqs-block-horizontalrule 3. {max-width: 100%} 4. .sqs-block-content hr { 5. margin-top: -33px !important; 6. margin-bottom: -33px !important; 7. } 8. .Main-content { margin-top: -20px !important; 9. margin-bottom: -82px !important; 10. } 11. .sqs-block-html {margin-top: -40px; 12. padding-bottom: 7px; 13. } 14. } 15. .Mobile-bar--top { 16. padding-top: 0px !important; 17. margin-bottom: -20px !important; 18. }