Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Bulk upload and file organization of mp3, pdf, jpg files

mnny92

Question

I have hundreds of mp3, pdf, and jpg files which I want to upload to my new site being built on SquareSpace. Ideally, I'd like to have them organized in named folders based on where they will appear on the site (watercolors, pencil drawings, photos, mp3 music files, pdf music files). I will draw upon some of the image files for the homepage - and would prefer to not upload them twice. How is this possible with the site I'm building?Thank you!

Edited by mnny92
Initial Revision
  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This isn't the way Squarespace works. Please see Uploading and managing files.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

Thanks, @Paul2009 for the link - I see there's an option to upload a .zip file - but it's not completely clear to me if that will expedite the upload of the 278 pdf and mp3 files I need to upload to one section of my site. What can you tell me about that?

Thanks again.

Thanks, @Paul2009 for the link - I see there's an option to upload a .zip file - but it's not completely clear to me if that will expedite the upload of the 278 pdf and mp3 files I need to upload to one section of my site. What can you tell me about that?

Thanks again.

Uploading a zip file is only useful if you want visitors to be able to download that zip file. You cannot bulk upload files for individual download. This isn't a feature of Squarespace.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007.