Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
OGO

Brine Full Bleed Images (as wide as browser window)

Question

Hello,

I'd like to have some images (or videos) as wide as the browser window (full bleed.) Something like this:

https://www.stinkstudios.com/work/youmake-wetransfer

I've looked into it and it seems like certain templates offer this in their index pages, Brine (according to Squarespace) is one of them (it also offers a header menu similar to the one I made in Avenue, which I'd like to keep.)

I've tried every tutorial I can find and I can't seem to make a full bleed image. I've made images that are wider than the constrained width but still not full bleed. Is this even something Brine can do?

Some clarification would be great and much appreciated.

Thanks,O

Edited by OGO

5 answers to this question

Can you be a little more specific about the issue? When you create a new site with the Brine template, it comes with a full-bleed image on the homepage.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Thanks for getting back to me, Paul.

Yes, Brine does do full bleed images but when I try to create an index and add a full bleed image – either through a gallery or a content's media setting (in its page settings), it doesn't go full bleed, it's just a little wider. The images are 2500px wide so they should be large enough.

In other words the settings seem to be identical to the demo's index but obviously I'm overlooking something.

Does the site's width need to be set to max width (1920px)?

Any help would be great, thanks!O

Edited by OGO
Initial Revision

Thanks for getting back to me, Paul.

Yes, Brine does do full bleed images but when I try to create an index and add a full bleed image – either through a gallery or a content's media setting (in its page settings), it doesn't go full bleed, it's just a little wider. The images are 2500px wide so they should be large enough.

In other words the settings seem to be identical to the demo's index but obviously I'm overlooking something.

Does the site's width need to be set to max width (1920px)?

Any help would be great, thanks!O

It will help us to understand the issue if you share a working link to the page on your website. If your site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is, so that we can view it. Alternatively, Squarespace Customer Care should be able to help you. You can reach out to them here.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I randomly figured it out by playing with the settings. Thanks for your help, Paul.

Best,O