Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
jsdavey

Page looks different depending on where user has come from

Question

Hi all, i have this odd issue where a page on my website looks different if you access it from the Homepage > Page with issue, compared with pasting the 'Page with issue' URL directly into the browser.

For example of you visit the homepage ( link text ), then scroll down and click the image for the 'Yes / No Tee' the top of the page looks like this (first image attached). The 3 headline lines are hugely spaced out, and all in the same font size / weight.

alt text

Where as if you go directly to that page, by pasting the URL into a browser ( link text), it looks like this: (second image attached) alt text. The headlines are now tighter, and the 3rd line is in a smaller weight / size – which is how i want it to look always. Can anyone tell me what i can do to make this happen? I feel like its carrying over CSS (or something) from the homepage which is messing up the subsequent page?

Any tips very much appreciated! I'm using the Jones template

screenshot-2019-09-16-at-111606-copy.jpg.34d9206bde31800d702928e665019cde.jpg

screenshot-2019-09-16-at-111834-copy.jpg.e7be4e44c9954f8a03107cee82677c99.jpg

Edited by jsdavey

3 answers to this question

Have you added code or CSS?

If so it is most likely Ajax. See:

https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/why-doesnt-my-code-work-until-i-refresh-the-page

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of June 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

I think I'm having  the same (or similar) issue. When you access the page from the homepage is there a '/#' added to the url? www.x.com/#/y instead of www.x.com/y