search a member list

Hello, I am creating a website for a business networking organisation. I want to put all their members names on the website under their industry categories and then add a search option to the 'members' page to make finding them easy. Could anyone please describe the process to me on how to make this possible?

I am having trouble understanding how to make this work. At the moment I have created a blog post for each category (eg: IT services) and added each member who works in IT services to that blog post. I have added a category called 'IT services' to that blog post. When I added the search bar however, and typed in for example, 'Don Wilks' (see screenshot), it would take me to the blog post he was listed on but not take me to HIS name. Is it possible to add tags to text within blog posts so using the search bar is more useful?

screen-shot-2019-09-16-at-121720-pm.png.18e5179e09683b57bb46283a20032489.png

screen-shot-2019-09-16-at-24426-pm.png.8d8cce19d0b1cc0732b0a280e964287d.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add a Blog Page for members.

Add a Blog Post for EACH business. Use the business name as the title. Add their details to the body of the post. Add a category to the post for their industry category.

When you add a Search Block and limit it to this Blog, search should work as you describe.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived