Can't save the default "no-reply" Squarespace email address for "from email" field

I am having issues with receiving customer notification emails to my desired email address (hello@karastone.com.au). When an order is placed, the "new order" emails aren't coming through to this address.

I think it might be because I'm not using the default no-reply email address for "from email". However when I went to change this, it won't actually let me save the address "no-reply@squarespace.com" instead of "hello@karastone.com.au". Does anyone know why that is?

Also, if anyone has any other ideas about why I might not be receiving emails to this address I'm all ears. For reference, the admins on the account are all receiving the "new order" emails - they're just not coming through to the "hello@karastone.com.au" address.

See screenshot here: https://screencast.com/t/IoXupVH9

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check your account settings within Squarespace to ensure your email address is shown correctly. Then check your inbox spam folders.

If you don’t see any issues, contact Squarespace Customer Care directly.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

To check your email address and notification settings are correct, go to

https://account.squarespace.com

Click on your avatar icon (top-right) and then choose Account & Security. Check/change your email address here.

Next choose Notifications and ensure that store notifications are enabled for the required website. Notification settings are configured on a site by site basis.

image.thumb.png.9c5234cf316c597919ac2f2b5f89ac93.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

As the owner, I want my Squarespace settings to be registered to my personal email address. I just want the NEW ORDER emails to go through to my business email address (as well as my personal). If I change the email in my settings to be my business email, wouldn't that mean I would not receive any more emails—whether they be customer notification emails or seperate Squarespace admin emails—to my personal address? This just seems fraught with danger and as an owner of a website, I should be able to nominate the address in which those notification emails go to. Which is what I thought the section from the last screen shot was for?

Rather than change your owner email, you can simply add your business email by adding a new contributor using this email, and give it appropriate permissions. The owner and this new account can then receive notifications. If you need more help with this, I suggest you contact Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

Archived