Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
kleinespel

critical JS/CSS slows pages - bad for SEO and google ranking

The new SEO tools are nice but since page speed is one of the most relevant aspects you should do something about slow loading.

Just a few examples of what Googles PageSpeedInsights tell me:

Eliminate render-blocking resources. Estimated savings: 4.19 s

Details:

Resources are blocking the first paint of your page. Consider delivering critical JS/CSS inline and deferring all non-critical JS/styles.

URL Size Potential Savings

/ik/_PbYZD3ye….js(use.typekit.net) 8 KB 780 ms

…scripts-compressed/common-526b9c5…-min.en-US.js(assets.squarespace.com) 424 KB 3,330 ms

…156…/site.css?&filterFeatures=false(static1.squarespace.com) 51 KB 1,380 ms

Can I do anything myself?

Edited by kleinespel
Initial Revision

This isn't something we or anyone else can fix. I suggest you raise your concerns with Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Google's PageSpeed Insights tool examines a site's code to provide suggestions and best practices for speeding up a site. The tool is useful when coding your own site, but can present misleading results for sites built on a CMS platform, like Squarespace. Check this Squarespace help guide for more specifics:

Google's PageSpeed Insights errors