Does Squarespace have any current plans to partner with any customer payment plan providers like Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm, etc...?

Go to solution Solved by Jo_SQSP,

For clarity, this is for people purchasing through a Squarespace hosted ecommerce store. I am not looking to pay for my account on a payment plan.

Edited by Alysha
Initial Revision
  • 2 months later...

This forum is not actively monitored for product feature requests so to provide feedback about this to Squarespace, raise a ticket through Customer Care. This will add your voice to the requests for this feature and it will be shared with the appropriate team.

In the meantime, there's only one workaround that I know to be successful and that's to buy a $9 per month solution called 'Shopify Buy Buttons'. I wrote a quick guide that explains how to add these to Squarespace so that you can use Shopify's commerce features on a Squarespace website: How to add Afterpay, iDEAL, Klarna or Zip Pay to Squarespace

Update February 2021: Squarespace added Afterpay as an option in the US, Australia and New Zealand. Canada and the United Kingdom will follow later.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need Afterpay as I make my products in Australia and they aren’t cheap. Local labor and providing jobs is worth the expense but these days, everybody wants things now and don’t want to save up for them therefore they will buy overseas junk rather than saving up for a quality, ethically made product. Hey Squarespace, can you please make Squarespace compatible?

On 11/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, paul2009 said:

This forum is not actively monitored for product feature requests so to provide feedback about this to Squarespace, raise a ticket through Customer Care. This will add your voice to the requests for this feature and it will be shared with the appropriate team.

In the meantime, there's only one workaround that I know to be successful and that's to buy a $9 per month solution called 'Shopify Buy Buttons'. I wrote a quick guide that explains how to add these to Squarespace so that you can use Shopify's commerce features on a Squarespace website: How to add Afterpay, iDEAL, Klarna or Zip Pay to Squarespace

Is it possible to use this method to allow Manual payment methods? 

Manually capture payment for orders.
The customer’s payment method is authorized at the time of their order. You’ll need to manually capture payment within the authorization period.

On 2/1/2020 at 8:24 AM, DavidLin said:

Is it possible to use this method to allow Manual payment methods? 

Yes. With Shopify you can configure your settings to automatically capture payment at the time of the sale, or manually capture payment later. If you set up manual capture, you can capture payments later from the Orders page in your admin. You can choose to take full or partial payment but you can usually only capture payment once per order.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 7:17 AM, DavidLin said:

do we have to re-create/re-enter the products information on Shopify's backend? Inventory management will be on Shopify backend?

Yes, that’s true. It’s not ideal, but it’s an option if you are desperate for the facility.
Another option is to move to Shopify completely, if you need advanced e-commerce features. 

Edited by paul2009

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, paul2009 said:

Does anyone know if this can be made to work with Squarespace 7.1?

I'd rather not resort to CSS to 'hide' the SS add to cart button and I can't find a way to hide it.

I'm seriously thinking about downgrading my SS site (removing ecommerce) and using the Shopify $9 solution to add products ... before I take the plunge, has anyone had any experience with this?

thanks
michalaela 🙂

• 11 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:35 AM, bluefern said:

I'd rather not resort to CSS to 'hide' the SS add to cart button and I can't find a way to hide it.

I'm seriously thinking about downgrading my SS site (removing ecommerce) and using the Shopify $9 solution to add products ... before I take the plunge, has anyone had any experience with this?

thanks
michalaela 🙂

I think you can create a collection pages then paste the shopify buy button (with the product images as well) into the collection item page content.

This way you can get rid of ecommerse feature

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 3/4/2020 at 2:35 AM, bluefern said:

You can use the built-in Afterpay solution now for your Australian customers. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, Jo_SQSP said:

Hi all,

Afterpay is now available on eligible plans! Learn more about enabling Afterpay with our Help Guide: Accepting Afterpay. 

Thank you for your patience and feedback!

They only support a handful of businesses.. Is there any talk of using affirm on the platform?  My customers have requested it time and time again.  Its almost a reason enough to jump ship to another platform that supports it.

2 hours ago, ttking855 said:

They only support a handful of businesses

What business type do you need to support?

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2021 at 11:51 AM, paul2009 said:

What business type do you need to support?

I sell machined CNC pieces.. Stripe does not list my business type as not allowed but when i apply it says they do not support it. I have 12-15k month in paypal transactions, figured they would want a slice.