International or custom date formats (aka ISO 8601)

I'm surprised that changing country in the region settings for a site keeps the default US date and time format. Are there any plans to add custom date formats or to adhere to the international ISO 8601 standard for date and time?

Not being able to use YYYY-MM-DD for dates or 24 hour time format without AM/PM is currently a no-go for transferring or creating Swedish sites to Squarespace.

Is there a hidden solution to this anywhere that I have missed?

Edited by swede
retag

There may be JavaScript solutions, it depends on which times and dates you are referring to. A working link to your website will help us understand the context.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I'm referring to any location where dates and/or time is presented. Blog posts, events etc. In short I would like to be able to set the global format for date and time for the whole site. Workarounds in JavaScript targeting individual templates doe not look very appealing. Not because I can't code, but because its...a workaround for something that is incomplete or broken.

I currently have a test site that is locked down to a colleague and myself, but I guess you get my point without a link.

There isn't anything we can do to make global changes unless you use the Developer Platform. It won't change anything quickly, but you can also reach out to Squarespace Customer Support team to officially submit this as a feature request. You can reach out to them here. They'll be sure to document and share it with the appropriate team.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

I'm from europe and wondering why I have to use the weird american date format. If squarespace heavily advertises in europe, I'd think they'd cater to our date-format needs too. I'm a bit disappointed at this. It's one of these things that makes me feel not being taken seriously as a user. In a blog index I'd like to be able to show/hide dates in general, but also customize the format of the dates. I hope anyone who reads this can fix this, for all of us non-north-americans - aka the rest of the world. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say I find this amazing.  Most of the world use a different format to this, I am so regretting letting my daughter talk me in to moving to squarespace.  Not only does this look completely unprofessional on my site, we have already had our first disaster where an order for the 3rd of February was entered as the 2nd of March.  

Please fix this - and the phone format (I simply can't use that field) ASAP.

Edited by Orca
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Orca

This thread refers to the dates that appear in blog posts and events, rather than the date field in forms. There are options available to solve the issue for forms. See my post here:

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

For blog dates, we have a free solution that can work on any plan of Squarespace, please give it a try, feedback are welcome!

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!