Code to change the product pages

A couple of feature requests that I have recently submitted to Customer Support require, I am told, custom code modifications. However, I have been further advised that Squarespace does not provide assistance for these types of modification and to seek help on the Answers Forum. Happy to provide you with further details if you feel that you might be able to help. Thank you.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello tuanphan,

Many thanks for your reply.

Currently when a visitor goes to a product page in my Shop and clicks on an image from the thumbnail grid selection, the large image changes to that chosen image. I want to:

1. Create a hover effect over the large image which displays the title and other information about the image which I am able to edit from time to time. Here is an example of what I want to achieve - https://tecpetajaphoto.com/portfolio/
  2. AND the name on the 'Image' variant drop down automatically changes to that of the chosen product.

Yesterday you left a reply to another question I posted regarding Adding 'Europe' to Shipping Zones. Can this also be resolved with a custom code? I have also followed your advice and posted the question to the Squarespace Community.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes,

Clive

@Clive_Frost

1. Can you add caption for images? I can try using custom code to hide it & show when hovering.
  2. I see it worked.... When selecting Image from the Variant Dropdown, it has slide to the corresponding image. https://piccolo-wisteria-hy3t.squarespace.com/shop/cyclades

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Here are a couple of sample captions for the images in the Cyclades product:

Cyclades #1      

24” x 16” / 61cm x 40.75cm 1/8 £300

48” x 32” / 122cm x 81.5cm 1/8 £600    

Cyclades #2    

Clive

Here are a couple of sample captions for the images in the Cyclades product:

Cyclades #1