Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
IveGotQuestions

Zooming in on images in either gallery, lightbox, or image blocks

Question

I have what seems like a simple request: I'd like to create a gallery page where you can zoom in on the images. Some of the pictures are tall and narrow, and thus, it's important that you can zoom in and then scroll to see the entire image close up.

I've tried using image blocks, a gallery page template, and a gallery block within a regular page, and none seem to allow sufficient zooming, even in lightbox box mode.

Is there code I can add for this?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by IveGotQuestions
Initial Revision

4 answers to this question

You can zoom into Squarespace images and enlarge them in a lightbox with Magic Zoom Plus. We've create a special Squarespace script so that its easy to install. You can download a free trial and email our support team if you need any help.

https://www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoomplus/modules/squarespace/

You can use it to swap a main image, like the animation below or you can show lots of larger thumbnails and each of them can be zoomable independently.

Squarespace image zoom with Magic Zoom Plus

DavidMagic Toolbox

Hi David,

(Now sure how to tag Magic Toolbox here). Could you please clarify whether this plugin only applies to product galleries? On your site I only see product examples, and I'm not using products for this gallery.

Thanks,~Anna

So I found a workaround: Creating a new page for each individual photo (and adding custom CSS to reduce side padding on each individual photo page). Now the photos on the gallery page each link to the individual photo page so that when clicked you see a larger version. Not perfect, but it works!

Hi @IveGotQuestions! Magic Zoom Plus is designed to work with Squarespace product page only. The zoom effect can be applied to non-product images but requires customizing the integration on your website. Email us via our website for free support and our Technical team will complete the integration for you.