Bedford: Blog: How do I disable the sidebar in blog list view?

I have been having quite a hard time trying to add a link above my blog title that takes you back to the blog list page. Sort of like a "back to posts" link so that it's easy for the reader to go back and forth from the list to each individual post. Upon seeing that I could not put blocks above the title I tried putting this link on the sidebar and putting the sidebar on the left with this custom CSS:

#rightSidebar { float: left; width: 202px; }

I thought maybe I had finally come to a solution, but then when taking another look at the blog post list, I saw that the sidebar is still on each post on the list.. for me that makes a link that says "back to posts" on every single post in the list page... Does anyone know a way to disable the sidebar ONLY when in list view?

Better yet does anyone know a way to add blocks above the title for each individual post?

I'm just hitting a lot of walls here.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the site.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@PMDesigner

/* REmove Sidebar - Single Post */
.collection-type-blog.view-item aside#rightSidebar {
   display: none;
}
/* Change width of post */
.collection-type-blog.view-item div#content {
   width: 100% !important;
}

Reference: https://beaverhero.com/tag/bedford-family

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

I'm sorry, this is close but you must have misunderstood my question. I did not want to make the sidebar disappear for one post page, I wanted to disable the sidebars for all the post previews in the blog list view.

As you can see, when you go to this page you can see the sidebar beside the first post. but when using your code, it is disabled in this page.

Thanks all the same @tuanphan your a real help here. I'll see what I can do with the code you gave me.

Archived