Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
DebPuckett

How do I get someone at Squarespace to expedite "Serve not found" for my recently transferred website?

Question

I just today transferred my website from GoDaddy to Squarespace. When I try to bring up my website, I get a "Server not found" message. I have a fairly active online store (the reason I wanted to switch to Squarespace) and now I'm told by the Chat folks at Squarespace that it will be several DAYS before they even respond. Is there some way to get someone with this company to fix this issue faster than DAYS? Or do I just have to wait it out and switch to a more responsive company at my earliest opportunity?

Edited by DebPuckett
Initial Revision

3 answers to this question

This forum is answered by the Squarespace customer community; we cannot logon to your site to troubleshoot issues nor can we comment on Squarespace responses. However, if you'd like the community to try to help, please provide your site's domain name and your site's Squarespace domain name. You'll find both in Settings > Domains.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure if there is anything to do but wait for the transfer process to do what it has to do. But on the off chance that there is some way that this community can help, here's the info:

My domain: thedisciplinedride.comSquarespace domain: crocodile-green-g4z2.squarespace.com

The support folks mentioned DNS settings in one of their responses. I don't understand DNS settings or how to change them but maybe you can let me know if it's something I can and should try to change.

If nothing else, I would like to know if this is typical and it will resolve itself in a day or two. I can deal with that but I can't deal with the Squarespace representatives being unwilling to tell me an approximate timeframe.

Thank you again for your reply.

The domain thedisciplinedride.com is working for me. Although there's an issue with the right hand 'menu' being cut off. You may just need to refresh your cache for you to see it. Try viewing it in an Incognito window.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the middle of April 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.