Adding text code to SHOP PAGE on OM tempate?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to add a little text block in our shop page. The shop page doesnt allow you to add text blocks for whatever reason... The SS technician suggested I post on here as she said it might be possible with a code, but as we know SS dont deal with codes, so it's something I must figure out! Any help appreciated!

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd like to help but it is difficult to understand what you are asking. Please try to be more specific, and ensure you include a working link to the page on your site and the steps you’ve taken so far. If your site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for your reply Paul! The page I speak of is https://silver-rabbit-kml2.squarespace.com/new-products and site password is shop. To be more specific, we would like add a paragraph about whats in the store. We are trying to put it above the products at the top.

I have contacted SS numerous times , they have suggested code injection, but that only puts text at header or footer. SS techs say they don't know how to add the text as it has to do with code. I hope this makes a little more sense and appreciate any advice!

Thank you for your reply Paul! The page I speak of is https://silver-rabbit-kml2.squarespace.com/new-products and site password is shop. To be more specific, we would like add a paragraph about whats in the store. We are trying to put it above the products at the top.

I have contacted SS numerous times , they have suggested code injection, but that only puts text at header or footer. SS techs say they don't know how to add the text as it has to do with code. I hope this makes a little more sense and appreciate any advice!

You can add text to the top of a page containing products without code, but you'll need to create a new page and link it to the products collection. Bear with me here and I will explain.

Create a new page called New Products.

Add a Summary Block (Grid style) to the page just below the Text Block (every new page has a text block).

Connect the Summary Block to the 'New Products' collection.

You now have a page that has text above the products. If you place this in the Main Navigation in place of the Products page, you should have what you need. Let me know how you get on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

You can add text to the top of a page containing products without code, but you'll need to create a new page and link it to the products collection. Bear with me here and I will explain.

Create a new page called New Products.

Add a Summary Block (Grid style) to the page just below the Text Block (every new page has a text block).

Connect the Summary Block to the 'New Products' collection.

You now have a page that has text above the products. If you place this in the Main Navigation in place of the Products page, you should have what you need. Let me know how you get on.

I follow you up until connecting the summary block to the new products collection... do i have to connect the current shop to the new summary block? or do i have to start a whole new page for the shop in the grid style you talk of? sorry i'm a bit confused ! thanks in advance @Paul2009

I follow you up until connecting the summary block to the new products collection... do i have to connect the current shop to the new summary block? or do i have to start a whole new page for the shop in the grid style you talk of? sorry i'm a bit confused ! thanks in advance @Paul2009

No problem. You 'hide' the current 'New Products' collection by dragging it to UNLINKED. Then, create a new blank page (not a Products Page) in MAIN NAVIGATION also called New Products. Add a Summary Block to this page and connect it to the 'New Products' collection. You now have a new page with the products shown. You can add other text blocks - above or below - however you like. Does that help?

Ok, I know this is probably easy but i;m just not there. Ive "unlinked" the shop page, and have now created a new blank page with a summury block(grid) below the text block . im now confused as to how to connect the old shop page to show on the new shop page. thanks again @Paul2009

Archived