Anyone having trouble connecting to LinkedIn?

Over the past several days, I've tried multiple times to connect my Squarespace site (mcglaviano.com) to LinkedIn. Each time the process starts out okay. It seems to accept my login info. But then I receive the following message:

Authentication Failure Connecting to LinkedIn is temporarily down. Please try again later.

The message seems to come from Squarespace rather than from LinkedIn. Anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

--M

A scientist by training, I've embarked on a career as a novelist. I have five novels currently available and am using my Squarespace site to promote my work and connect with readers.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Something is wrong somewhere.

The LinkedIn share slider was greyed out last Sunday 2019-09-08 on my SquareSpace control panel.

What's weird is that even without the slider working I still had 2 scheduled posts post successfully to LinkedIn on Monday and Tuesday.

Since then, I deleted the LinkedIn connected account in SquareSpace and re-added it. This usually fixes the problem.

It didn't work.

I then went to LinkedIn and deleted the OAuth connection. Then, I tried to set up the account again in SquareSpace, and I'm still getting the Authentication Failure - Connecting to LinkedIn is temporarily down. Please try again later. Error.

FYI - Buffer posting to LinkedIn works fine.

While this not an answer... I just wanted to share my experience in more detail in case SquareSpace support is reviewing these posts and working on a fix.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I've contacted Squarespace Support and, after going into a bit more detail with them, received acknowledgement that a) this is a known problem and b) that they're working on it. Sounds like the fix is not obvious. I'll try to update my query to Support w/ a suggestion that they look at this thread. robleon's post is pretty interesting and might contain clues.

A scientist by training, I've embarked on a career as a novelist. I have five novels currently available and am using my Squarespace site to promote my work and connect with readers.

FWIW, I've re-pinged Support about it and mentioned that it's an active topic on the Answers Forum.

They say they're working on the problem but that they want to make sure it's right before rolling out a fix. Must be something subtle and/or difficult for them to take this long. I guess, in the meantime, we can post directly to our LinkedIn timelines. An extra step but probably better than ignoring that resource.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who's stuck.

--M

• 2 months later...

Same deal here.  I have done all the above, including contacting SquareSpace multiple times, and get the same answer.  Working on the problem and keep trying to re-connect.  No timeline offered.  At least not ignored, but does not appear to be a high priority.

• 1 month later...

Yes still having the same issues it will not connect LinkedIn account. Very frustrating as a new client is needing to push things to LinkedIn to launch new site. Having to manually cut and past URL blogs as a work around now.
Also Clients from Last year (2 months ago still waiting to connect LinkedIn as well)

Would be good to get an ETA on this as its been down for quite a while.

Archived