Change text on product page pricing and "select" option

Hi,On product pages where product has variants I want to change the text of 2 elements:1: There is a "from" before pricing which I would like to change.2: On these products there is a dropdown which has the text "select". Also would like to change this.

Anybody know if/how this can be done?

BR/Tomasalt text

productpage-1.png.d6bb6c48b75de1cc291840b4c00a05a7.png

productpage-2.png.3f9e686dc3bc95ff488fbf926224f06c.png

Edited by TomasAH
Initial Revision
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 1:17 AM, DavidHortvik said:

Hi all, has this been resolved? I am looking for exactly the same thing: change "Login" "Select" and "from" and really all English word in checkout. 

Can you share link to a product? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I meet the exact problem. I want to translate a store from french to english.

I have 2 stores: one in french, and the second is in English.

For the english store, it is written in french "à partir de" and "sélectionnez".

How can I solve it ?

connectfootballparis.com/store-1

temporary password : azertyuiop

thanks

20 hours ago, Salem said:

Hi all,

For the english store, it is written in french "à partir de" and "sélectionnez".

How can I solve it ?

thanks

Hi. You want to translate 2 text: "à partir de" and "sélectionnez".?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@Salem

For the Sélectionnez replacement.

Please see Replace Variant Menu "select" Text.

For the à partir de a variation on the following solution should work. Instead of removing from I'd just change the text. I'll have to do this in just a bit here. Bump this message if I don't get back with some code in several days.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi @creedon,

Thank you for your reply,

For 'A partir de', I managed to replace the text, thanks to your post.

And for 'Sélectionnez', you snippet didn't work, I tried to fix it but I couldn't... 😢 

The error appearing on console is :

jQuery.Deferred exception: undefined is not an object (evaluating '$e

.attr ( attribute )

.replace') (2)

I'm not expert on JQuery but I think the selector couldn't find the 'data-text' attribute...

thanks a lot for your help !

7 hours ago, Salem said:

And for 'Sélectionnez', you snippet didn't work, I tried to fix it but I couldn't... 😢 

I think I see what is happening. Apparently by the time my code runs SS it still filling in some of the data for the variant menus. Which obviously didn't come up in my initial testing! ☹️

I'll take another crack at it.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

@Fredlund

Please post the URL for a product with variants on your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

I can then take a look at your issue.

3 hours ago, creedon said:

@Fredlund

Please post the URL for a product with variants on your site.

Post the password here.

I can then take a look at your issue.

URL: https://buildwell.se/webshop

Password: lyft725

So it's both changing the word "From" as in "From 500.00 kr" on the product list page (webshop 1.png) and changing the word "Select" in the dropdown menu on a specific product (webshop 2.png). Bonus: Removing the ".00" on all the prices, we don't have prices that ever use them. It's just 500 kr or 350 kr, not 499.99 kr or such.

Thanks!

webshop 1.png

webshop 2.png

1 hour ago, Fredlund said:

changing the word "From"

Let me clarify. Do you want to remove the word from or change it? I have code that will remove it which I just updated. The code is cited at the bottom of my Apr 21st post.

2 hours ago, Fredlund said:

Oh, and also these pop-ups: "Unable to add item: Please select the ... and ... option."

Please see the following.

Same caveat. This is not a language translator so I don't know if it will work for how your language strings lists together. You'll want to change append to false.

You might want to watch that thread as there is another piece of requested code that I've not done yet, that may be of use to you.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

• 5 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, Salem said:

Hi all,

How can I solve it ?

thanks

Hello @creedon

Im trying to fix the same thing as mentioned in this comment  > "I meet the exact problem. I want to translate a store from french to english. I have 2 stores: one in french, and the second is in English. For the english store, it is written in french "à partir de"..(..)" 

I can see that there is a code or post made by Yourself to remove à partir de for English store pages. Could You, please, advice, where could I find it?

vassaralamps.com / Lampas2021

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Gerda

@Salem

Edited by geglaja
correction