How do I add additional photos to an existing gallery?

Greetings,

I want to add additional photos to an existing gallery and from what I can tell this option doesn't exist. I go to my gallery block, hit edit. In here, one will notice several options. Content, Design at the top and Upload Media and Use Existing Gallery as selections.

When I click Upload Media, one has two options. Either click Upload Images or click the plus (+) sign in the bottom right hand corner (which allows you to search through already uploaded images - which is helpful).

When I click search, one has the three options above. Free, Premium and Imported.

I click Imported. When one clicks on an image - it doesn't allow one to select MULTIPLE images to upload. It just immediately selects the one image you clicked to "add" however it will add the single image and replaces every single image you've had in the gallery.

So the question remains, "HOW does one add images to an existing gallery without having to redo the damn gallery all over every time one needs to add additional photos?"

Edited by serenitydvt01
Initial Revision

Unless you have reached the limit of 250 images, you can simply drag additional images to the Gallery Editor where it says upload images.

You'll find an article describing this here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543407-Gallery-Blocks#toc-add-images-and-video

If you need more help, contact Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Unless you have reached the limit of 250 images, you can simply drag additional images to the Gallery Editor where it says upload images.

You'll find an article describing this here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543407-Gallery-Blocks#toc-add-images-and-video

If you need more help, contact Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

I know how to upload images. Drag them in or click and upload. The issue I'm having is when you follow the steps I listed up above it simply replaces ALL of my old images with the new image I uploaded. Which means I have to re-upload every image all over again. On top of that, it lets me select only 1 image at a time to add to my gallery from my "uploaded" images section (the search function that shows you images that have been uploaded). So if you have 20 images, this will be a very slow process.

So again, your answer to my question doesn't answer my main concern as I mentioned above. I KNOW how to upload images. I need to know how to ADD images to an existing gallery without replacing all of my current images. Just keep adding new images 1 by 1, or 5 at a time. It doesn't matter.

Do you understand what I mean?

Edited by serenitydvt01
Initial Revision

They should never overwrite them, so if that's happening you're either seeing a Squarespace bug or you have a browser issue. If you've checked you are using the latest browser (Chrome preferred) then you'll need to contact Squarespace for help. You can reach out to them here.

I just realized why you didn't understand my question right away. My apologies.

I used the word upload instead of insert (from the already uploaded images).

If you think it's a bug then I'll contact square space directly. In terms of inserting multiple images at once from the imported section - how's this done (which was my second question. I. E. You hold shift? Ctrl?.. Etc)?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...